ABOUT UGANDA CHESS FEDERATION
Wednesday, 04 August 2010 23:22
The Uganda Chess Federation (UCF) is the official umbrella organization for Ugandan chess players and chess supporters of all ages and strengths. The UCF is affiliated to the World Chess Federation (FIDE), linking Ugandan chess players to chess players around the world. Uganda participates in international chess competitions like the World Chess Olympiad and other continental events.
The UCF was founded in 1972, got affiliated to the National Council of Sports in 1973 and became the first Federation in East Africa to get affiliated to FIDE in 1978.
The UCF is the body that administers the game of chess in the country, runs and organizes chess tournaments and supports the participation of Ugandans in official FIDE championship events at all levels.
In execution of its mandate as a non profit membership organization devoted to promoting the development of chess in Uganda, the Federation is governed by a Constitution.
Come let us reason together
The UCF seeks to undertake the following:
- To promote interest in the game of chess, and to raise the standard of play of this game in all communities of Uganda.
- To promote the formation of Chess Clubs.
- To organize and manage chess tournaments in Uganda.
- To put in place mechanisms to select chess teams to represent Uganda at home and abroad.
- To enforce rules and regulations relating to the game, membership, code of conduct and any other day to day affairs of the Federation.
The UCF mission seeks to promote the spread and development of the game of chess for the betterment of the Ugandan society.
The offices of the Uganda Chess Federation are located at the National Council of Sports headquarters in Lugogo.
Uganda Chess Federation
P.O. Box 2355, Kampala - Uganda.
National Council of Sports Headquarters, Lugogo
Tel: +256-752-426559, +256-712-426559 (President)